[Libguestfs] Getting ready for libnbd 1.12 & nbdkit 1.30 releases

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Feb 20 20:21:56 UTC 2022

I don't think I announced it, but back in January I thought I would be
doing a new stable release of libnbd (1.12) and nbdkit (1.30).  That
didn't happen obviously because once I'd written up the release notes
they seemed a bit thin:

https://libguestfs.org/libnbd-release-notes-1.12.1.html
https://libguestfs.org/nbdkit-release-notes-1.30.1.html

We've done quite a lot on these projects this month, plus it's been
five months since the previous stable releases, so we should aim to do
stable releases by the end of this month or the beginning of March,
ie. just 1-2 weeks away.

Do we have anything that's waiting to get in?

Note that any really big changes should wait until _after_ the release
so they get plenty of time to marinate in the development branch.

I think Nir Soffer's --queue-size feature should go before the
cut-off, subject to Eric Blake approving it.