[Libguestfs] libnbd: Failed to update to Fedora 36 & OpenSUSE Leap 15.3

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon May 30 08:04:25 UTC 2022

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 09:25:11AM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 11:22:05AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >
> >I added this commit and regenerated the CI files:
> >
> >https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/commit/b6a98aacbe22d599f000d4d1c84c27081ec06957
> >https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/commit/2439fd5c7a07b314ce47728c6fbae16b9a26dcdb
> >
> >However apparently gitlab CI cannot create the Fedora 36 & OpenSUSE
> >Leap 15.3 containers:
> >
> >https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/jobs/2519037050
> >https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/jobs/2519037032
> >
> >with weird errors:
> >
> >ERROR: Job failed: failed to pull image "registry.gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/ci-fedora-36:latest" with specified policies [always]: Error response from daemon: manifest for registry.gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/ci-fedora-36:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown (manager.go:203:0s)
> >
> >I have no idea what this means.  Does something else need to be done
> >to create those containers?
> >

> Looks like the containers were not built.  I suspect the following rule:
>
>     - if: '$CI_PROJECT_NAMESPACE == "nbdkit" && $CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == "push" && $CI_COMMIT_BRANCH == $CI_DEFAULT_BRANCH'

Just to check, CI_PROJECT_NAMESPACE refers to the top-level
(https://gitlab.com/nbdkit) not the name of the project
(https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd)?

> unles CI_DEFAULT_BRANCH is already set.  I'm not sure who sets that
> (whether this is in the ci/cd settings or part of something else)
> because that was added not so long ago and I did not keep up with the
> changes.  If that is already set, then it might be that you need to push
> with an extra variable according to the comment in
> /ci/gitlab/container-templates.yml:
>
> # For upstream
> #
> #   - Push to default branch:
> #       -> rebuild if dockerfile changed, no cache
> #   - Otherwise
> #       -> rebuild if LIBVIRT_CI_CONTAINERS=1, no cache,
> #          to pick up new published distro packages or
> #          recover from deleted tag
> #
> # For forks
> #   - Always rebuild, with cache
> #
>
> so you could try pushing such commits with something like:
>
> git push -o ci.variable="LIBVIRT_CI_CONTAINERS=1"

It was very non-obvious how to set those "environment variables", I
was wondering about it before too.  I think every time lcitool
comments or documentation mentions one it should actually use the full
command like you did above.  (I decided the same thing for nbdkit
documentation - every single time, show the complete runnable command,
not fragments.)

> but as I said I did not keep up with these changes and Dan will know for
> sure which one is needed.

OK, thanks.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW