[Libosinfo] how do i add an extra config parameter to InstallScript?

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 22:39:34 UTC 2013

I have installed libosinfo 0.2.6 from koji.  The documentation that was installed with the libosinfo-devel package did not seem to be up to date.  After some googling I found the following pages:

http://www.valadoc.org/#!wiki=libosinfo-1.0/index

The documentation above seems to go well with the codebase in 0.2.6.  Is this documentation ok to use with 0.2.6?  Also wondering why the above site has the version listed as 1.0?

I am attempting to use libosinfo to generate kickstart files for an image building service for OpenStack.  I need to be able to add extra parameters to the InstallScript.  According to the documentation, InstallScript object can have InstallConfigParam added to it.  My understanding is that the InstallConfigParam consists of a name and a policy.  What does a policy for a InstallConfigParam look like?

I'd like to add the following line to the kickstart file.  It is not found in the default kickstart file for Fedorav 18.  How do I do this?

url --url=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/18/Fedora/x86_64/os/

Thanks,
Dennis