[Libosinfo] [libosinfo 1/3] fedora: Add Fedora 19 Alpha detection

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Fri Apr 19 12:25:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 05:07:19PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> We already discussed this. 3.7.92 ISO is already out for a while now
>> and its pretty damn close to what is 3.8.
>
> and I've already stated that I consider this image to be obsolete with the
> GNOME 3.8 release. _if_ the final 3.8 image is never released, having data
> for this in libosinfo would be mostly cruft imo.

Stress on 'IMO' part cause clearly I and Fabiano disagree with you. As
I stated in previous mail, there is no way of knowing if people will
use 3.7.92 or not. Even if you are correct, earth will not shatter if
we have a few lines of redundant data. This whole discussion is
nothing more than waste of our time. Its not like we don't have tons
of data thats far less likely to be ever used (e.g FC1 and windows 2.1
etc).

> Regardless of this, this GNOME patch is still missing a v3

The testcase? Thats easy to add and I didn't give that attention cause
I was more focused on justifying a needed change to you. I'll do so
shortly.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)