[Libosinfo] libosinfo on RHEL/EPEL

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Apr 25 08:57:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 02:02:26PM -0400, Dennis Kliban wrote:
> Forgot to mention that I could not find gobject-introspection package in yum repositories on my RHEL6 machine.  I installed gobject-introspection RPM from here: https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/buildinfo?buildID=161594

Yeah, it's not available in RHEL6, but if you are building from tarballs,
you should be able to disable it, rpmbuild should not try to use it on EL6:

%if 0%{?fedora} >= 15 || 0%{?rhel} >= 7
%define with_gir 1
%endif

%if %{with_gir}
BuildRequires: gobject-introspection-devel
%endif

%if %{with_gir}
%define gir_arg --enable-introspection=yes
%else
%define gir_arg --enable-introspection=no
%endif

If you want to try building from git, it's indeed more convenient to have
it installed ;)

Christophe