[Libosinfo] [v3 2/3] Adapt windows-unattend.xml for Windows 8

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:50:02 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:39:21PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> While modifying this patch to try this out, I now clearly remember
> each of these changes (there are actually only 2 real changes)
> breaking win7 installer. So not motivated to try yet again. Feel free
> to challenge my claim/memory and try.

I played a bit with this, with a non-empty product key, adding the Win8
<ProductKey> bits while keeping or removing the Win7 <ProductKey> bits
break win7 unattended install in all cases.
Removing the /IMAGE/INDEX bits also break win7 unattended install.
Removing
<xsl:attribute name="processorArchitecture">
  <xsl:call-template name="arch"/>
</xsl:attribute>
from one of the win7-only blocks don't seem to break win7 unattended install.

> >> The install scripts are
> >> unreadable enough that the less conditional stuff we add, the better )
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> Still agree but in this case they are justified.

And still too bad there was nothing in the commit log about all of this :(

Christophe