[Libosinfo] [v2 1/8] API to query format of device driver

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Wed Feb 13 17:16:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 06:41:02PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
>
> NB: most commit logs in this series consist of just the short log, slightly
> longer commit messages wouldn't hurt imo. In this case you can detail why
> this API is needed/why people will want to use it for example.

OK, i'll modify if this commit is not dropped. For the rest, I'll have
another look and see what I can do.

> I'm still not fully convinced that we really need all this 'format' API in
> the first place, pre/post install drivers and install scripts are all
> listed in an <os> node, if an install script for a given OS does not
> support a driver format, why is it listed in the first place in the <os>
> node?

I just wanted to support the case of providing information about
drivers even if our autoinstallation script does not support them.
Having said that I'm not sure such information would be of any use to
the apps. No strong opinions so I'll let you decide if its needed or
not.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)