[Libosinfo] [v2 7/8] winxp, win7: Add virtio & QXL device drivers info

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 14:19:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 04:09:41PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Christophe Fergeau
> <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I think we could go with a finer grained approach here, and use the rundll
> > command described in
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa376957%28v=vs.85%29.aspx to
> > install individual unpacked drivers, but it's fine to go with the
> > all-in-one installer as a first step.
>
> I totally agree about going with fine-grained option would be better
> but since unfortunately vdagent setup is not available separately, I
> do think of vdagent as a big bonus point of using this binary.

As I already said, this is just an ugly side-effect, which we shouldn't use
as an excuse to avoid proper integration of agent installation into libosinfo.

Something that could work is to have some fake device for the spice
channel that the agent use, and list vioserial and some kind of agent
installer as the drivers for this device.

Christophe