[Libosinfo] [v2 7/8] winxp, win7: Add virtio & QXL device drivers info

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu Feb 14 21:46:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 03:19:27PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 04:09:41PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> >
>> > I totally agree about going with fine-grained option would be better
>> > but since unfortunately vdagent setup is not available separately, I
>> > do think of vdagent as a big bonus point of using this binary.
>>
>> As I already said, this is just an ugly side-effect, which we shouldn't use
>> as an excuse to avoid proper integration of agent installation into libosinfo.
>>
>> Something that could work is to have some fake device for the spice
>> channel that the agent use, and list vioserial and some kind of agent
>> installer as the drivers for this device.
>
> NB: I'm still fine with using the all-in-one installer for now as this
> should not prevent us from moving to something better later.

Unless the new spice-guest-tools binary with fixed vioser driver is
available by Monday, I don't think using the all-in-one-binary is
helping in getting this merged in time for feature freeze. :( OTOH, if
we are gonna use individual drivers, I'd need to know where to get
them from. I see this virtio-win-0.1-52.iso but that does not seem to
have QXL and xp folder only contains netkvm drivers.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124