[Libosinfo] [v2 7/8] winxp, win7: Add virtio & QXL device drivers info

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 16:01:37 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:46:30PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> Unless the new spice-guest-tools binary with fixed vioser driver is
> available by Monday, I don't think using the all-in-one-binary is
> helping in getting this merged in time for feature freeze. :(

The current all-in-one installer containing a buggy driver is not a blocker
for adding the needed API to libosinfo, even though I agree this is
suboptimal. Reviewing your libosinfo patches seems more urgent than
updating this installer though...

> OTOH, if we are gonna use individual drivers, I'd need to know where to
> get them from. I see this virtio-win-0.1-52.iso but that does not seem to
> have QXL and xp folder only contains netkvm drivers.

The directory layout in this ISO is a bit messy indeed, I'm using
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/spice-nsis/tree/tools/gen-upstream-virtio-iso.py
which grabs the virtio-win ISO and tries to organize the files in a more
understandable layout.
The installer is then generated using
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/spice-nsis/tree/spice-guest-tools.nsis
but this needs more hand holding (a tree with the needed files in the right
place must be created before running it through make-nsis).

Christophe