[Libosinfo] [v3 2/5] API to query signed status of device drivers

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 13:26:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 05:29:18AM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 04:54:08AM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> >> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
> >>
> >> Some OS vendors recommend or require device drivers to be signed by them
> >> before these device drivers could be installed on their OS.
> >
> > A bit inaccurate since we have a workaround to install unsigned drivers.
> > Not sure how to say it better though.
>
> Well from the app's POV the script in question is not requiring signed
> drivers. Perhaps we can have another value in SigningReq enum that
> would give this info to App (if it cares):
> OSINFO_DEVICE_DRIVER_SIGNING_REQ_RECOMMENDED ?

Oh, I was more questioning the API documentation/commit log. If you can
just improve the wording, that's fine with me. 'RECOMMENDED' could be good
too, though it raises the question of what happens when going with unsigned
drivers on REQ_RECOMMENDED systems. Will this work flawlessly, will some
warnings be shown, ...

Christophe