[Libosinfo] [v3 2/3] Adapt windows-unattend.xml for Windows 8

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 12:56:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 02:11:43PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> Yes, I indeed first tried the win7 script as is and that failed. I
> slowly changed things one by one (looking at hints from random
> websites) and after these changes, win8 express installation worked.
>
> This patch was written and sent here more than a month ago and now I
> don't really remember justification for each change (assuming that I
> knew it even then). I'll have another look and see if i can put
> something but 'making win8 express installation work without breaking
> it for win7' is already a good enough argument to me.

A commit log is not just about 'why should this change be committed?', but also
about 'why is the commit doing things this way?', which would make it
easier for you to remember the justification for these changes, and which
would also help anyone looking at this commit get an idea of why this was
needed.

Also, using a win8 script on win7 does not work? The install scripts are
unreadable enough that the less conditional stuff we add, the better )

Christophe