[Libosinfo] [v3 2/3] Adapt windows-unattend.xml for Windows 8

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Fri Feb 22 10:32:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 02:11:43PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> Yes, I indeed first tried the win7 script as is and that failed. I
>> slowly changed things one by one (looking at hints from random
>> websites) and after these changes, win8 express installation worked.
>>
>> This patch was written and sent here more than a month ago and now I
>> don't really remember justification for each change (assuming that I
>> knew it even then). I'll have another look and see if i can put
>> something but 'making win8 express installation work without breaking
>> it for win7' is already a good enough argument to me.
>
> A commit log is not just about 'why should this change be committed?', but also
> about 'why is the commit doing things this way?', which would make it
> easier for you to remember the justification for these changes, and which
> would also help anyone looking at this commit get an idea of why this was
> needed.

I understand and I wasn't exactly disagreeing with you on importance
of providing details in the log. I was only saying that I'll try my
best to give the justification for each change but can't guarantee
that I'll be able to do a good job. :)

> Also, using a win8 script on win7 does not work?

Nope IIRC but I'll try again to be sure.

> The install scripts are
> unreadable enough that the less conditional stuff we add, the better )

Agreed.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)