[Libosinfo] [libosinfo] Don't ignore vendor/device name in pci/usb id parser

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 21:17:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:04:06PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > These values were parsed but ignored using ignore_value(), leading
> > to very incomplete data when the data from pci.ids/usb.ids is used.
> > As generally this data is complemented by <device> nodes in
> > libosinfo database, and as this data takes precedence over
> > the pci.ids/usb.ids data, this is not visible without removing
> > the additional <device> data.
>
> Are you using 'this data' to refer to different data in the same
> sentence or am I getting confused for no reason?

Yup, my bad, I'll have to remove some uses of data ;)

These values were parsed but ignored using ignore_value(), leading
to very incomplete device information when using pci.ids/usb.ids.
As generally this data comes from <device> nodes in
libosinfo database, which  takes precedence over
the pci.ids/usb.ids data, this is not visible without removing
the additional <device> data from the osinfo database.

Is the log better phrased this way or does this need more improvement?

Christophe