[Libosinfo] [v2] Add an optional 'snapshot' tag to OS entries

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Nov 4 16:11:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 03:11:41PM +0000, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> If you think otherwise and are not convinced with my arguments, feel
>> free to fix this yourself. Otherwise, I don't thing you are being very
>> fair here.
>
> I'm not going to duplicate work you have already started. I'm happy to be
> convinced that supporting is-snapshot is difficult, or to help with the
> patch, but I cannot do either starting from that email from the archives
> where you just say "I tried it, it's hard" with no further explanation.

It wasn't previously clear to me that you want to help. Now that it
is, here is the my attempt to fix this issue:

https://gitorious.org/libosinfo/libosinfo/commit/77531e31ec579d5ce6857f09e983325bb6b56d5c

As you can see, I have tried to tell the loader not to ignore empty
elements. However, for some reason unknown to me, this break things
completely as libosinfo to loads OS entries where there is no name
provided. `make check` fails as our test data is matched to unnamed
OSs. Anyway, when you build and test those changes, you'll see what I
mean and hopefully will have a better luck with figuring out what is
going on. Happy hacking :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)