[Libosinfo] windows 2008 R2 install script problems

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 19:30:42 UTC 2013

In an attempt to integrate libosinfo with nova image builder, I have been successful at automating Fedora installs using kickstart files generated by libosinfo.

However, my attempt to use the install script generated for Windows 2008 R2 has resulted in the installation wizard presenting an error message that claims my product key is invalid.  I have manually gone through the install and was able to successfully use the same product key.  I was also able to do an automated install using ImageFactory (with an install script from Oz - https://github.com/clalancette/oz/blob/master/oz/auto/Windows2008.auto).

I then installed gnome-boxes and attempted a fully automated install using the same Windows 2008 R2 installation media.  Gnome-boxes produced the same error I was seeing during installs in Nova.

My lack of knowledge of the technologies powering libosinfo prevents me from actually writing a patch that would fix this problem.  However, I will happily help figure out how to fix the final XML.  The script generated by libosinfo seems to be longer than the one linked above. Perhaps the above script can be used as a starting point for reworking what is available in libosinfo.