[Libosinfo] post installation driver location for windows install script

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Wed Oct 2 13:31:28 UTC 2013

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for the late reply but I was AFK for last 2 days.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Dennis Kliban <dkliban at redhat.com> wrote:
> I am using libosinfo to generate autounattend.xml for installing Windows 2008 Server on a Nova instance.  I would like to install both the storage and the network drivers during the pre-install phase.  However, if the drivers are stored in different directories of a CD, the autounattend.xml requires two paths to be listed.  This is not currently supported by libosinfo.  I then attempted to add the network driver during the post-install phase.
>
> I added the post_install_drivers_disk and post_install_drivers_location to the InstallConfig, but the autounattend.xml generated from that config does not contain any information about post-install drivers.  I only see settings for pre-install drivers.  Am I supposed to generate a secondary script for post install or is this a bug?

You are supposed to generate and install the scripts for the OS in the
particular profile of your choice, not just the main script. In this
particular case, you need the .cmd script that handles post-install
drivers. Also if you want to keep your code generic, you should check
if any script in a profile+OS, provides the capability of driver
installation using the functions:

osinfo_install_script_get_can_pre_install_drivers()
osinfo_install_script_get_can_post_install_drivers()

Oh and if your drivers are not signed, you also need:

osinfo_install_script_get_pre_install_drivers_signing_req()
osinfo_install_script_get_post_install_drivers_signing_req()

Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124