[Libosinfo] Getting None back from get_install_script()

Loranz Steve sloranz at xantham.com
Wed Sep 18 21:22:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

I might be misreading the code, but my current understanding of the API leads me to believe the following example should behave differently. I'm using the python bindings and going through the following steps to try and get an instance of InstallScript:

---------

>>> from gi.repository import Libosinfo as osinfo
>>> loader = osinfo.Loader()
>>> loader.process_path("/usr/share/libosinfo/db")
>>> db = loader.get_db()
>>> osid = 'http://microsoft.com/win/2k8r2'
>>> osid in db.unique_values_for_property_in_os("id")
True
>>> print db.get_install_script(osid)
None
>>> fid = 'http://fedoraproject.org/fedora/18'
>>> fid in db.unique_values_for_property_in_os("id")
True
>>> print db.get_install_script(fid)
None

---------

Am I using get_install_script() incorrectly?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
-steve