[Libosinfo] Errors on import

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 09:16:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 04:49:01PM -0500, Loranz Steve wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I previously emailed the list about unsuccessfully using get_install_script() on an instance of Db. I thought I would try a different route and try instantiating an empty InstallScript and using generate, supplying the OS, an InstallConfig, and a Cancellable object.
>
> I'm seeing the following behavior depending on the order of the imports:
>
> ------
>
> Python 2.7.3 (default, Aug  9 2012, 17:23:57)
> [GCC 4.7.1 20120720 (Red Hat 4.7.1-5)] on linux2
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning: g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
>   import gobject._gobject

There are two sets of bindings for GObject - the old ones which were
manually written and the new ones which are introspection based. You
can't mix both in the same process or bad stuff happens.

Your 'import gio' is pulling in the old bindings which clashes with
the introspection based ones pulled in by libosinfo. Change your
change to

  from gi.repository import Libosinfo as osinfo
  from gi.repository import Gio

Then you can access  Gio.Cancellable

Daniel