[Libosinfo] Anyone watching the fedorahosted bug tracker?

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 15:52:12 UTC 2014

On 04/24/2014 11:02 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 04/16/2014 04:26 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> The libosinfo bug tracker seems to be entirely ignored, doesn't look like any
>> bug that's ever been filed has had a response:
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/libosinfo/report/8
>>
>> There's at least 3 patches in there as well.
>>
>> I assume this is mostly due to trac being really easy to ignore, and default
>> assignee + cc list not setup. How do people feel about moving the bug tracker
>> to bugzilla.redhat.com product=Virtualization Tools, which is what libvirt*,
>> libguestfs, and virt-manager use.
>>
>> If so the process would be:
>>
>> - request the component with bugzilla-requests at redhat.com. they will need
>> default assignee and cc list at least.
>> - change libosinfo.org to point to the bugzilla instance rather than trac
>> - once that's done, transfer over all the trac bugs, though I suspect many of
>> them are obsolete.
>> - send a request to fedora infrastructure to disable the trac bug tracker for
>> https://fedorahosted.org/libosinfo/    (in fact, they can probably disable
>> this page entirely, it's redundant since there's already libosinfo.org)
>>

> So this died a bit. If libosinfo moves to freedesktop.org, it should use their
> bug tracker. But Dan wasn't interested in moving there. I don't really have a
> preference.
>
> The alternative bits discussed (moving to libvirt.org, etc) are all
> independent of moving the bug tracker. And there was general agreement with
> moving away from trac.
>
> So unless anyone says otherwise by Saturday, I'll initiate the above steps to
> create the bugzilla.redhat.com tracker and turn off the trac instance.

This is created now, and I've closed or manually transfered all the open trac
bugs to the new tracker.

Dan (or whoever else has access), can you update the website to point at
bugzilla.redhat.com ?

I'll give the trac instance a week to collect any more comments (if people
want to refer to the closed bugs), then I'll put in a request to turn it off
entirely.

- Cole