[Libosinfo] RFC: Representing clock and timer policies

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 13:58:57 UTC 2014

When configuring a guest there's a few options related to clocks and timers
that can vary per OS

 - BIOS clock timesync - either UTC or Localtime

 - Timer policy - delay vs catchup for PIT /  RTC

 - Timer support - is HPET desired or not

Both virt-manager and GNOME boxes hardcode all the timer stuff to a fix
set, and only set localtime if os family is windows.  There are some
other proprietary vendor OS' for which this is not sufficient. So I was
wondering if anyone had given any thought to storing this policy info
in the libosinfo database yet ?  If not, I'll have a think about how
we might approach it

Regards,
Daniel