[Libosinfo] Script broken for Fedora net ISO

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 16:00:29 UTC 2015

Hey,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 02:39:31PM +0000, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

> One important thing I somehow did not realize before is the even with
> approach#3, we'd need new API and apps will need to be changed so they
> use the correct installer script. The new API would be:
>
> osinfo_os_get_install_script_list_for_variant(OsinfoOs *os, const char *variant)
> osinfo_os_find_install_script_for_variant(OsinfoOs *os, const gchar
> *profile, const char *variant)
>
> So I was thinking, if we are to add API for this and Apps have to
> update their code anyway, why not implement a more generic solution
> that allows us to keep the same script templates:
>
> * Add new API to pass media info (which includes variant info) to scripts:
>
> osinfo_install_script_generate_for_media(OsinfoInstallScript *script,
>                                                              OsinfoOs *os,
>
> OsinfoMedia *media, ..)

OsinfoMedia has an "os" property, so it's probably not required to make
it explicit (it might only be set after a call to osinfo_identify_media
though).

> osinfo_install_script_generate_output_for_media(OsinfoInstallScript *script,
>                                                              OsinfoOs *os,
>
> OsinfoMedia *media, ..)
> // And the async variants
>
> * Add separate media entries/variants for netiso.

Yes I think I asked about that during the review

> * Modify the fedora install script to add/remove yum repos based on the variant.
>
> * Add a requires-internet to media entries, which defaults to 'no'.
>
> * Set requires-internet="yes" to netiso media entries.

Yes, all of this makes sense to me and seems like a good way of
adding support for netinstalls.

Christophe