[Libosinfo] Gentoo support

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu Jun 4 14:45:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution! Contributions are usually submitted as
patches to git source tree on this mailing list. People then comment
on changes submitted and if/when all comments/concerns have been
addressed, the patch is ack'ed (and since you don't have write access
to repo, some nice developer will merge the patch for you). You'd want
to use git-send-email to send the patch here but if you can't, then
please use git-format-patch to generate the patch and then simply
attach it to your mail.

You can clone the git repository using command: git clone
git://git.fedorahosted.org/libosinfo.git

Some notes looking at your attachment:

1. You want to provide a .xml.in file, from which .xml is then gernated.
2. You should provide media entries (see fedora.xml.in file for
example) with volume-ids so media for Gentoo are recognised. Otherwise
this entry won't be very helpful to anyone.
3. We prefer to get test data with patches to add new OS info in the
form of output of `isoinfo -d -i FILEPATH.iso` command added to
appropriately named file under test/isodata/ (please see other test
files for examples). Once you have done that, you should run `make
check` to ensure your data is good.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM, miniBill <cmt.minibill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> you'll find attached a minimal working Gentoo definition.
> What's the protocol for getting it included in the next release?
> I hereby license my contributions to the file (which is based on the
> ubuntu.xml one) under public domain,
> and in particular under the CC0 1.0 Universal license as expressed at
> https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/.
>
> Leonardo Taglialegne

Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)