[Libosinfo] New virtio-win repo and isos

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Tue May 5 12:12:41 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey all,

Hi Cole,

> Wanted to give a heads up about a new repo with virtio-win RPMs. Isos are
> still available for direct download, just at a different URL. All the details
> are here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers
>
> FWIW the rpm and iso now match the layout of what we ship with RHEL, and match
> the content (except still no WHQL signature).

Thats really awesome. Thanks for working on this.

> Not sure how interesting it is to libosinfo/boxes in its current form.
> But
> it's a fresh base to start from if you have any ideas or suggestions about how
> to improve things in this area.

Well it would be really good to have all drivers files available in
unpacked form at a canonical location (than zeenix.fedorapeople.org).
If you could make that happen, that would be very helpful. Currently I
manually unpack the latest ISO and upload the driver files to my
personal webspace and then update the libosinfo db. So a lot of manual
work and I tend to forget about such tasks and hence the reason you'd
find drivers we currently use in libosinfo are a bit old.

> The most obvious bit is keying in spice-guest-tools to this. Is
> spice-guest-tools buildable with mingw? Generating a new spice-guest-tools
> with every virtio-win build would be pretty cool

Indeed.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)