[Libosinfo] New virtio-win repo and isos

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon May 11 08:17:06 UTC 2015

Hey,

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 06:37:36PM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Wanted to give a heads up about a new repo with virtio-win RPMs. Isos are
> still available for direct download, just at a different URL. All the details
> are here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers

Ah cool, thanks for the heads up!

Couple of comments:
- the stable version is -0.96, the latest one is -0.103.
  alt.fedoraproject.org had -0.100 I assume this was not considered
  stable?
- any reason not to ship SPICE vdagent while shipping the QXL driver?
- has there been any testing of the qxldod driver? My understanding is
  that it's still a bit young (but wider exposure/testing is probably
  good at this point).

> FWIW the rpm and iso now match the layout of what we ship with RHEL, and match
> the content (except still no WHQL signature).

The QXL driver should have a WHQL signature, do you know if that is the
case? The latest builds uploaded to spice-space.org did have the WHQL
signature.

> The most obvious bit is keying in spice-guest-tools to this. Is
> spice-guest-tools buildable with mingw? Generating a new spice-guest-tools
> with every virtio-win build would be pretty cool

Once you have all the drivers/agent binaries, the installer by itself
can be built on a linux box with mingw32-nsis. Fetching the
drivers/putting them in the right directory structure is still half
manual/half automated at this point, so a bit more work might be needed,
but this should definitely be doable. Tracking new vdagent releases/QXL
releases might need to be done manually though. Well, we'll see, all in
all, interesting idea ;)

Christophe