[Libosinfo] osinfo-db source tarball

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 08:30:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 08:32:05PM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi,
> I looked into packaging osinfo-db for Debian and looking at:
>
>   https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/libosinfo/osinfo-db-20160728.tar.xz
>
> it looks quit different from https://gitlab.com/libosinfo/osinfo-db
> . Would it be possible to ship a proper source tarball that:
>
> * contains a license file

The tarball isn't supposed to contain anything other than the DB XML
files. Indeed the way it is created is by running osinfo-db-export
on the installed database directory, so it won't pick up anything
other than the files in that dir, so no license file will be found
there.

> * contains the Makefile to execute and run the build so we can use the
>   preferred form of modificaation?

You are *not* supposed to unpack the tarball manually. Run the
osinfo-db-import tool, passing it the tarball, as described at

   https://libosinfo.org/download/

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|