[Libosinfo] Gentoo/Funtoo entries request

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 18:22:06 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 01:01:58PM -0500, John Roman wrote:
> Greetings,
> If possible, I wish to submit a patch to the osinfo tool to provide
> information on two distributions of Linux, Funtoo and Gentoo.  Without
> proper identification in osinfo, users attempting to provision such
> systems in libvirtd and virt-install face significant challenges in
> identifying a variant (generally virtio26) to afford the guest system
> the appropriate virtio driver.
>
> Ive committed code to a repository clone ive made of the osinfo master
> branch. is there any other consideration outside of the XML entries that
> needs to be made to complete these entries?

In the libosinfo GIT repo, there is a directory test/isodata/ which
contains 'isoinfo -i' output for ISO images assocatied with the OS
release.  Adding such data is welcome, but optional. It is always
sufficient to just send patches for the osinfo-db  XML files.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|