[Libosinfo] [osinfo-db] fedora: Enable repos when installing a Server ISO

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 10:56:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 11:45:33AM +0100, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 8 January 2017 at 19:16, Fabiano Fidêncio <fidencio at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
> > <zeeshanak at gnome.org> wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> You mean it's been broken for Server? I clearly remember fixing and
> >> testing it for all Fedoras until F24.
> >
> > For the Server iso, yes, it doesn't work since Fedora 21.
> > You probably have tested just the netinst ISO.

> >> IIRC the decision was to only do "desktop profile" express
> >> installation for netiso, since it doesn't make much sense to install
> >> Desktop for server ISO.
> >
> > I sincerely don't understand why it would make sense to do so for
> > netinst ISO but not for the normal one.
>
> Because "desktop" profile maps to workstation but workstation didn't
> have an installer ISO. Also netiso is very generic so you can argue
> both ways for that and you'll be correct. :)
>
> > Also, Boxes does recognize the ISO as an express installation target
> > ... and fails when trying to perform that ...
>
> That's a bug then.

> Or we don't offer express installation for Server.

Yeah, IMHO it makese little sense to install the "desktop" profile when
you have the "Server" ISO - the "jeos" profile is really server targetted.

Our XML doesn't express any relationship between media and installers
though - installers are just listed standalone. I wonder if we need to
introduce some kind of relation there to filter it ?

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|