[Libosinfo] [osinfo-db] fedora: Enable repos when installing a Server ISO

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Jan 9 11:16:26 UTC 2017

Err.. forgot to reply-all. :(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
Date: 9 January 2017 at 12:15
Subject: Re: [Libosinfo] [osinfo-db] fedora: Enable repos when
installing a Server ISO
To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>

Hi,

On 9 January 2017 at 11:56, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 11:45:33AM +0100, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 8 January 2017 at 19:16, Fabiano Fidêncio <fidencio at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > For the Server iso, yes, it doesn't work since Fedora 21.
>> > You probably have tested just the netinst ISO.

>> > I sincerely don't understand why it would make sense to do so for
>> > netinst ISO but not for the normal one.
>>
>> Because "desktop" profile maps to workstation but workstation didn't
>> have an installer ISO. Also netiso is very generic so you can argue
>> both ways for that and you'll be correct. :)
>>
>> > Also, Boxes does recognize the ISO as an express installation target
>> > ... and fails when trying to perform that ...
>>
>> That's a bug then.

>> Or we don't offer express installation for Server.
>
> Yeah, IMHO it makese little sense to install the "desktop" profile when
> you have the "Server" ISO - the "jeos" profile is really server targetted.
>
> Our XML doesn't express any relationship between media and installers
> though - installers are just listed standalone. I wonder if we need to
> introduce some kind of relation there to filter it ?

Yeah. We already have 'variant' on media and we pass this info to
installer. So how about an optional 'variants' attribute on installer,
specifying which variants are supported? App code will have to change
though so only correct installer is picked up but installer generator
should also error out if incorrect combination is used.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali

--