[Libosinfo] Request for feedback: Differentiate server/desktop ISOs

Fabiano Fidêncio fabiano at fidencio.org
Fri Jun 8 15:07:03 UTC 2018

People,

I've talked to Felipe Borges a few days ago and he told me one thing
he'd need, from GNOME Boxes perspective, is whether an ISO is intended
to be a "Desktop" or a "Server" ISO.

IMO supporting this on libosinfo should be fairly easy, but I'd like
to check with all you whether my approach seems okay, before start to
implement it.

A simple "flavour" field in the <media> entry would do the job. We can
have an enum as "desktop", "server" and "default". The "default" would
be selected in case anything is specified and would be treated as
"it's not specific a desktop neither a server ISO".

The idea behind this is to simple allow apps as GNOME Boxes to sort
how they'd present the medias to the users according to what the user
needs.

Is this approach okay? May I start implementing it?

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio