[Libosinfo] [osinfo-db, libosinfo PATCH 0/4] Add "maximum" resources

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 07:43:02 UTC 2018

On 11/14/18 4:54 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> Please, see the patches
>
> osinfo-db:
>   Fabiano Fidêncio (1):
>     schema: Add "maximum" resources
>
>    data/schema/osinfo.rng.in | 5 +++++
>    1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)
>
> libosinfo:
>   Fabiano Fidêncio (3):
>     os: Deal with "maximum" resources
>     test-os-resources: Make test_minimum_recommended_resources generic
>     test-os-resources: Cover maximum resources in tests
>
>    osinfo/libosinfo.syms     |   3 +
>    osinfo/osinfo_loader.c    |   8 ++
>    osinfo/osinfo_os.c        |  40 ++++++++++
>    osinfo/osinfo_os.h        |   2 +
>    tests/test-os-resources.c | 158 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
>    5 files changed, 143 insertions(+), 68 deletions(-)

The patches look good to me. However, from usability POV I think this is
going to be used for Windows only, right? I've found this:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension#Microsoft_Windows

For other OSes (Linux and BSD) I don't expect there to be any kind of
maximum resources. Good luck with getting the data.

Michal