[Libosinfo] [osinfo-db/libosinfo PATCH v4 00/10] Add support to images

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 13:29:36 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 November 2018 11:54:34 CET Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> This patchset adds support to images entries as part of the "os" entry
> in order to allow Apps to have access to the Images URLs (and that's the
> only usage planned for now).
>
> An example of how the XML will look like is:
> <os>
>   <image arch="x86_64" format="raw" cloud-init="true">
>     <variant id="cloud"/>
>     <url>https://download/foo/bar.img</url>
>   </image>
> </os>
>
> Mind that both variant element and cloud-init attribute are optional and
> the supported formats are: raw, qcow2, vmdk, vhdx.

I do not have a deep knowledge of libosinfo, so at a non-experienced
eye these patches look good to me.

I'm not totally sure about the cloud-init property as separate
attribute; in case it is fine, IMHO it would be better to squash the
osinfo-db patch #2, and the libosinfo patch #10 together with the main
implementation.

--
Pino Toscano