[Libosinfo] [libosinfo/osinfo-db PATCH 0/2] Revert e616846 and fix win-10 volume ids

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 18:00:11 UTC 2018

On 10/04/2018 06:51 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> Let's revert e6168463f and. instead of forcing anchored patterns on
> libosinfo, let's fix the problematic volume-ids on osinfo-db.
>
> libosinfo:
> Fabiano Fidêncio (1):
>    Revert "db: Force anchored patterns when matching regex"
>
>   osinfo/osinfo_db.c | 2 +-
>   1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
> osinfo-db:
> Fabiano Fidêncio (1):
>    win10: Anchor some volume-ids

ACK, though I still think we should discourage non-anchored regex, it's
going to make it easier for subtle problems to slip in.

Is the rng schema strictly enforced anywhere in the stack, or is it only
informative? (like libvirt xml schema). If it's the latter, I'd suggest
we extend the schema to complain about non-anchored regex, and update
every entry in our db to be explicitly anchored. So we aren't breaking
API, but if users are running osinfo-db-validate they will see warnings

If yall agree I can file a bug for it

- Cole