[Libosinfo] [osinfo-db, libosinfo PATCH 0/5] Add Fedora29 / Silverblue 29 (Beta) info

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 9 10:06:50 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:34 AM Fabiano Fidêncio <fidencio at redhat.com> wrote:
> My rationale for this is that in a few weeks the official ISOs will be released and we'd just remove the prerelease tag and add the release date.

This is somewhat similar to what I did with Ubuntu 18.10 recently. The
URLs point to the daily iso build which is really the recommended way
to get Ubuntu's development release. Before my change, the pre-release
Ubuntu iso's weren't recognized at all so you don't get any of the
pre-configured RAM and disk sizes in Boxes. It's also a problem if
developers always run the development release and so don't see how the
behavior is different with recognized stable release iso's.

It's a bit different for Fedora because I believe Fedora does have
generic recognition for these pre-release ISOs in osinfo-db.

Anyway, I would support the Fedora proposal here.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha