[Libosinfo] Moving some tests from libosinfo to osinfo-db

Fabiano Fidêncio fidencio at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 08:37:48 UTC 2019

People,

Recently we had this discussion on #virt channel about moving some tests
out of libosinfo to osinfo-db. The reasoning behind that is that those
tests are not actually testing libosinfo APIs, but whether the content
present in osinfo-db is valid or not.

The tests that should move are:
- test-isodetect;
- test-imageuris;
- test-mediauris;
- test-treeuris;

The idea is to, from the next libosinfo release*, have those tests as part
of osinfo-db.

The new tests can:
- be written in python using or not using some framework for that;
- parse the XML directly without using libosinfo APIs to check the data;

There's at least one new test should be written:
- test-iso-kernel-and-initrd-paths;
  - This test will consist in:
    - Have the output of `isoinfo -J -i /path/to/media -f` stored in the
same manner we already store the output of `isoinfo -d  -i /path/to/media`
   - Check whether the kernel/initrd listed as part of the media actually
matches what's in the media

Whether we'll start the work by migrating the current tests and then add
later the new test(s) or doing it vice-versa is something still to be
decided.

Regarding libosinfo, some new tests will have to be written in order to
cover some issues there were found (and already fixed) by test-isodetect**.
So, expect more work on libosinfo tests as well.

*: next libosinfo release as 1.5.0, as I'm rolling out a 1.4.0 by the
beginning of March.
**: as having volume-id with exactly 32 characters.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio