[Libosinfo] RFC: Add clock/timers info in osinfo-db

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 14:26:16 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 03:16:26PM +0100, Martin Sivak wrote:
> > My view on what profiles are for differs from this. In particular
> > I do *not* consider the profiles to be application specific.
>
> Oh, I think we are talking about different applications.
>
> I agree all management products (the applications you talk about)
> should use the same data.
>
> But workload profiles are about guest application specific needs (the
> apps I talk about) and pure osinfo is about guest application
> independent guest os defaults. Here the application means the app
> running within the VM.

Ok, that's not neccessarily a problem. The set of profiles will be
extensible in the normal manner by adding new XML files. So we can
have some profiles that are generic best practice for the guest +
hypervisor combination. Those can be used as a starting point for
any person/app who wishes to define further profiles that taken into
account specific guest applications.

Regards,
Daniel