[Libosinfo] RFC: Add clock/timers info in osinfo-db

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 14:54:17 UTC 2019

> So we can
> have some profiles that are generic best practice for the guest +
> hypervisor combination.

I probably still do not understand where is the line between osinfo a
profiles then. What you are talking about (hypervisor + guest OS)
seems to me to belong to osinfo.

Profiles we asked Martin for (as the primary request was probably
driven from us at the beginning) were really ment to be used for
workload specific settings on top or in combination with osinfo
(io-intensive, SAP HANA, OracleDB, ...).

Martin