Using gitlab labels for issues and MRs

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Thu May 14 15:28:29 UTC 2020

Hi,

now that we've been using gitlab as primary source for issues and merge
requests, maybe we can start using labels to categorize them.
I never used them myself, so personally it would be a small thing to
learn; considering the traffic of libosinfo issues & MRs is not high,
I think we could manage to use them. What do you guys think about this?

If you think it is worth, we can define them organization-wide, and
my proposals are the following:
- tests -- for things related mainly to tests/test suite
- osxml -- mainly for the OS XML files in osinfo-db, including changes
  to the schema
- unattented-install -- for anything related to unattended installation
  (scripts, API, tooling, etc)
- tools -- for things related to tools, be it osinfo-db-tools or the
  ones in libosinfo
- ci -- for CI config or scripts used by CI
- api -- mainly for libosinfo changes that require new public APIs

Of course the above list is not comprehensive, however IMHO it can be
a good start.

--
Pino Toscano