[Libvir] BUG: virDomainLookupByID fails after XenStore path discovery

Bryan D. Payne bryan at thepaynes.cc
Wed Apr 5 00:23:54 UTC 2006

> I'm just not seeing it included in path returned by
> xs_get_domain_path(), only see /local/domain/<num>

For what it's worth, I was trying to put a patch together for this,
but I kept getting memory corruption errors.  I was trying to access
the name through the xenstore as shown below...

     /* lookup is easier with the Xen store so try it first */
     if (conn->xshandle != NULL) {
         char *namepath = NULL;
         path = xs_get_domain_path(conn->xshandle, (unsigned int) id);
         namepath = strdup(path);
         strcat(namepath, "/name");
         name = xs_read(conn->xshandle, NULL, namepath, NULL);
         if (namepath) free(namepath);
     }

     /* fallback to xend API then */
     if (path == NULL) {
	...etc...

The memory corruption error is thrown by glibc at runtime.
Ironically, I tried running it through valgrind and the error went
away ;-)  Anyway, perhaps this will lead someone to the right
solution...  Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to keep
playing with it.

Cheers,
bryan

-
Bryan D. Payne
Graduate Student, Computer Science
Georgia Tech Information Security Center
http://www.bryanpayne.org