[Libvir] Perl API for using libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 23:36:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 04:52:29AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:17:48PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I had a couple of hours spare, so I put together a set of Perl bindings
> > for libvirt. I'm currently calling the module Sys::Virt which seems to
> > be the most appropriate location in the CPAN namespace, but I'm open to
> > suggestions if people think that sucks. I've currently got near 100%
> > coverage of the C APIs, but not exposed all the static constants yet.
> > There are a couple of trivial example programs illustrating use of the
> > API for extracting info about domains.=20
> >
> > For now you can grab a snapshot of the source for the binding using=20
> > Mercurial from the URL:
> >
> >   http://hg.berrange.com/libraries/sys-virt
> >
> > When I've tested it more completely I'll upload it to CPAN
>
>   Okay, I added pointers from the docs and website, if you get a more
> formal web page for the bindings tell me so I update the URLs,

I updated the Perl API to support new features in the 0.1.0 release of
libvirt & uploaded a release to CPAN available from the following URL:

  http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/Sys-Virt-0.1.0/

NB, due to a combination of a bug in the API docs & the CPAN indexer,
the API docs online there are incorrect. The man pages generated during
installation are, however, just fine. Be sure to check out the handfull
of example programs which illustrate some ways of using the APIs to perform
simple tasks - eg dumping XML, display domain summary and a 'vmstat' like
tool for monitoring guest domains.

Regards,
Dan.