[Libvir] Request for additional entry points

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 08:14:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:45:56PM -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> > but the domain was not relaunched by default. I guess this also requires
> >to set up specific xenstore attributes so that the domain is actually
> >restarted.
> >So not completely done yet.
> >

> You are probably aware of this but FYI...
>
> I used virDomainReboot() with success when the domain was created with
> "xm create" and "on_reboot = 'restart'" in domain config file.

  Yup, that's what's missing, it's one of the XenStore attributes

> Looking at virDomainParseXMLDesc() in xml.c I see we are not accounting
> for a <on_reboot> element (or on_crash, on_poweroff) in the XML.  Are

  I wasn't sure how much this was needed, clearly it is now.

> you working on this Daniel or should I take a stab at it?  I'm guessing
> you just want elements like
>
> <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
> <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
> <on_crash>restart</on_crash>

  Yes.
  Please go ahead, I didn't yet applied your previous patch but it looks
sensible, just some bogus logic was left from the old code.

> Same goes turning sxp to XML in xend_parse_sexp_desc() in xend_internal.c.

  Yup. just provide information about the new elements added and their values
so I can extend the documentation page about the XML format (at some point
I will also provide a Relax-NG or XSD schemas to validate them).