[Libvir] Release of libvirt-0.1.0

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 13:51:12 UTC 2006

  I mostly finished the big internal code revamp over the week-end,
this with the addition of the latest contributions makes it a good time
for a new release, I also bumped up the medium release numbers, with
the cleanup in the code internals I feel better now having people
relying on libvirt, and while we are still far away from an 1.0.0
release, it's important to indicate the change :-)

  Available at the usual place i.e.
     ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/

* building fixes:
 - --with-xen-distdir option (Ronald Aigner)
 - out of tree build and pkginfo cflag fix (Daniel Berrange)
* enhancement and fixes of the XML description format (David Lutterkort
  and Jim Fehlig)
* new APIs:
 - for Node information
 - Reboot
* internal code cleanup:
 - refactoring internals into a driver model
 - more error handling
 - structure sharing
 - thread safety and ref counting
* bug fixes:
 - error message (Jim Meyering)
 - error allocation in virsh (Jim Meyering)
 - virDomainLookupByID (Jim Fehlig)
* documentation:
 - updates on architecture, and formatr
 - typo fix (Jim Meyering)
* bindings:
 - exception handling in examples (Jim Meyering)
 - perl ones out of tree (Daniel Berrange)
* virsh:
 - more options, create, nodeinfo (Karel Zak)
 - renaming of some options (Karel Zak)
 - use stderr only for errors (Karel Zak)
 - man page (Andrew Puch)

  Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release !