[Libvir] Here the patch for virtual CPU functions.

Philippe Berthault Philippe.Berthault at Bull.net
Mon Aug 7 09:55:22 UTC 2006

Daniel P. Berrange a écrit :
>> One more:
>>
>>  - expose the new APIs via virsh. Michael originally suggsted pretty much
>>    following the style of 'xm vcpu-pin' and 'vcpu-list'. Seems like a fairly
>>    reasonable pattern to follow.
>>

> See the attached patch which adds these commands. eg:
>
> # ~berrange/usr/bin/virsh vcpuinfo Demo03
> VCPU:           0
> CPU:            1
> State:          blocked
> CPU time:       13.4s
> CPU Affinity:   y-
>
> VCPU:           1
> CPU:            0
> State:          blocked
> CPU time:       5.0s
> CPU Affinity:   -y

I've applied your patch on my system (RHEL-AS4, update 2) with Xen
3.0.2-2. The compilation of virsh is OK but the execution is failed. The
virsh vcpuinfo command returns all vcpus of the specified domain (the
list is OK) but after the last vcpu of the list, I've the following message:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x08051dd8 ***
Aborted

With the domain-0, the virsh vcpuinfo is OK. I haven't investigated with
the debugger but perhaps you have an idea of what is the problem ?

Thanks,
Philippe Berthault.