[Libvir] Here the patch for virtual CPU functions.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 12:46:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 06:04:16AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 11:55:22AM +0200, Philippe Berthault wrote:
> > I've applied your patch on my system (RHEL-AS4, update 2) with Xen
> > 3.0.2-2. The compilation of virsh is OK but the execution is failed. The
> > virsh vcpuinfo command returns all vcpus of the specified domain (the
> > list is OK) but after the last vcpu of the list, I've the following message:
> >
> > *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x08051dd8 ***
> > Aborted
> >
> > With the domain-0, the virsh vcpuinfo is OK. I haven't investigated with
> > the debugger but perhaps you have an idea of what is the problem ?
>
>   Hum, valgrind should be able to pinpoint where the error occurs exactly

I've found the problem - in the last parameter to virDomainGetVcpuInfo
I thought the cpumaplen parameter was spposed to be the size of the
entire cpumap, when it is only supposed  to be the size of one dimension
of it. So, inside virDomainGetVcpuInfo it then did a memset on the cpumap
using cpumaplen * nrVirtCpu, which obviously overflowed if nrVirtCpu was
greater than one. I'll fix this before committing.

Regards,
Dan.