[Libvir] Fix handling of HVM boot parameters

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 01:33:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 01:00 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I meant to include a complete example XML doc showing the changes in
> place, so here is a XML dump from a HVM domain which has been booted
> off a CDROM:
[snip]
>     <disk type='file'>
>       <source file='/root/foo.img'/>
>       <target dev='ioemu:hda'/>
>     </disk>

Given what we know is coming, does it make sense to drop the ioemu: here
and just have it be implied for HVM guests?  Accept it if it's there
(and then drop it if we're on xend 3.0.3), but not really show it?

Then again, not 100% sure how all of this is going to interact when we
start having PV drivers for HVM guests :-/

>     <disk type='file'>
>       <source file='/root/boot.iso'/>
>       <target dev='cdrom'/>
>     </disk>

Similarly, instead of target dev='cdrom', does it make more sense to
have a devicetype (or something) that's an attribute of the disk rather
than a magic device?

Jeremy