[Libvir] Updated patch for hvm guests

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Jul 11 08:19:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 06:16:21PM -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 06:22:39AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >
> >>I have made changes to the XML conversion code to reflect this, I will
> >>commit
> >>whithin one hour or two. Attached is one example of the XML for HVM.
> >>

> >  Okay, I commited it, I also extended the page describing the XML format
> >to cover the new HVM domains. I was able to launch a domain and attach to
> >the vnc server so it seems to work for me at least in a minimal canonical
> >configuration.
> >

> Thanks for finishing this Daniel - sorry to have dumped it with no
> updated documentation, etc.

  No problem, thank you to have started this !

> If I find some spare cycles this week would like to experiment with more
> exotic HVM configurations and improve support for cdrom, graphics, and
> anything else that may be deficient for HVM guests.

  Well as Dan Berrange pointed out, we probably need to provide more
tunable informations for the graphic options (I looked for information
on sdl but really didn't found much), and from the mail exchanged in the
xen-devel list I would expect some kind of SCSI emulation support coming
in the QEmu emulation too.
  I will probably push a version 0.1.3 later today with the optmization
and the current hvm so it will be easier to get more testing done outside
of this list.