[Libvir] virDomainLookupByID problem when Root

Daniele Sgandurra dansgan at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 17 14:25:12 UTC 2006

Hi all!
I've tried to compile and execute info1.c both as user and as root. As user I have no problem, but as root I get:
Failed to find Domain 0
I've traced back the problem to the function:
virDomainLookupByID(virConnectPtr conn, int id)
at the line:
path = xs_get_domain_path(conn->xshandle, (unsigned int) id);
When root I get path != NULL, otherwise path==NULL;
if path==NULL then the block after it is executed and everything is ok, otherwise  at the end of the function name=null. (I manually changed path to NULL so that I can run it when root and it works even if info.maxMem it's different from when the program is run as a normal user: it shows -4 instead of 464896).
It could be a configuration problem of mine (of Xen Store for example)?
Thanks!