[Libvir] Source repository

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 22:32:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 01:59:43PM -0700, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Given that most Xen related stuff (including virt-man) lives in
> Mercurial repositories, it seems a little weird (and a little
> cumbersome) that libvirt continues to use CVS. This issue briefly came
> up on the list once earlier, but didn't go anywhere. Is there any
> strong reason why libvirt can't move to Mercurial?

  I know how to manage secure access to a CVS server, add users, write
access, provide anonymous access and snapshot to tarballs. I have no idea
how to do this with a mercurial server, that's #1 reason. I want the
source code tools to be hosted on a server I manage too.
Why do you think it is weird ? libvirt is not part of Xen source tree.
You should not have to recompile libvirt when you compile Xen (and vice
versa) so where is the problem for you ?