[Libvir] Release of libvir-0.1.1

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jun 21 12:56:52 UTC 2006

  I realized yesterday that Xen unstable changeset 10277 broke the
hypervisor API on i686, which led to some interesting debugging and
hopefully a clean solution for this problem. I think it is worth making
a release then even if the 4 new APIs for defined but non-running domains
are not complete (pending more information on Xend API changes). There is
still some meat in this release.
    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
  One notable improvement is that it should be fairly simple to add support
for new virtualization back-end now that the driver code has been cleaned
up, the new test driver to do regression test from Daniel Berrange is
a good example:

*  building fixes:
 - ncurses fallback (Jim Fehlig)
 - VPATH builds (Daniel P. Berrange)
* driver cleanups:
 - new entry points
 - cleanup of libvirt.c (with Daniel P. Berrange)
* Cope with API change introduced in Xen changeset 10277
* new test driver for regression checks (Daniel P. Berrange)
* improvements:
 - added UUID to XML serialization
 - buffer usage (Karel Zak)
 - --connect argument to virsh (Daniel P. Berrange),
* bug fixes:
 - uninitialized memory access in error reporting
 - S-Expr parsing (Jim Fehlig, Jeremy Katz)
 - virConnectOpen bug
 - remove a TODO in xs_internal.c
* documentation:
 - Python examples (David Lutterkort)
 - new Perl binding URL
 - man page update (Karel Zak)

  thanks to everybody who helped with this release, with code, patches, bug
reports, etc...