[Libvir] virDomainKernelPtr

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 16:47:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:42:28PM -0500, Bryan D. Payne wrote:
> I noticed that there's a struct virDomainKernel in libvirt.h, but
> there aren't any functions that populate the struct yet.  Could
> anyone comment on how close such a function is to becoming
> available.  If it's underway, great :-)  Otherwise, would the
> developers be interested in someone else working on a patch?

  Hi, sorry for replying a bit late, I'm at a conference.
Yes the data structure is there but it's not used. Do we really
need a function to fill stuch a structure ? It sounds a bit
redundant with what virDomainGetXMLDesc() will return, with the
additional caveat that if you access a different kind of virtualization
engine (like QEmu) or not running a Linux/Unix system this won't
make any sense either.
  Let's say it's a remain of thinking out loud with the fingers and
whould actually be removed from the header file instead.

  Otherwise in general I'm rather happy to receive patches :-)